Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anxiety

I've been preparing for a transition in my life as the date to my new job and living in a new city approaches. Although with this new adventure I'm experiencing a new level of anxiety that I haven't experienced before. I am overly emotional and unsure of my deeper emotions that I am feeling or should I say not feeling. It makes me question, how in tune are we with ourselves?

Do we take time for reflection and analyzing our goals? As I spent some time with friends last night, one of them asked, "Why are you being all weird?" And I realize its simply because I don't want to let go of the current blessings in my life. I'm trying to control them and HOLD ON to them because I feel them slipping away.

I am usually so excited about change and new adventures but I feel so worried that I am leaving something behind of which I'm not ready to let go. And with that worry comes an expectation of loneliness. I think anxieties just build upon themselves. But as I've been contemplating all of this I found a letter from one of my sisters that included ...

"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: