Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Striving

Today I talked with a friend. I realized how blessed I am. Here I am at times super frustrated with my problems, worries, frustrations, imperfections ... wondering how to become a better man or at least wondering how be inspire myself to do the things that I know would make me a better one. I wonder what is the fear that is holding me back?

Or better yet why am I letting those negatives out-shine my joy and love and excitement for life. There are so many things waiting for me ... it is time to strive for greatness! To shake off mediocrity and be great.

Today God shared a passage of Scripture through me. "For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. " Jer 29:11

And also ...
"God has created me to do Him some definite service;
He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another.
I have my mission – I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next.
I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for naught.
I shall do good, I shall do His work;
I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place,
while not intending it,
if I do but keep His commandments and serve Him in my calling.
Therefore, my God, I will put myself without reserve into your hands.
What have I in heaven, and apart from you what want I upon earth?
My flesh and my heart fail,
But God is the God of my heart, and my portion forever. "

I haven't figure out where this second blurb came from yet. If you know please share!

No comments: