Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grace Like Rain

What a rush of cleansing grace. I enjoyed something tonight which I haven't done in years. I went running in the rain. Now granted safety was somewhat of a concern but I knew I had to brave the occasional lighting and thunder as I drove home after working late. The streets were calling my name and the rain was pouring down. What a sense of freedom!

As I was out enjoying splashing in puddles and feeling the rain fall upon my face, I was reminded of the most dangerous thing I had ever done in my life. Granted it was definitely stupid but it also is one of the most exhilarating and enjoyable memories I have of my college days.

Back at K-State one night a group of friends and myself had gathered for an Ultimate Frisbee game at Old Stadium. What we weren't expecting was a severe thunderstorm lighting up the sky and crackling thunder overhead. But did that slow us down ... well only a couple times ... when the lighting crackles so loudly that everyone freezes and huddles closer to the ground yeah it makes you wonder how dumb you really are. Nevertheless, there is something to be said of the pouring down rain ... how beautiful, how refreshing, how magnificent it is.

No comments: