Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chaos

So I feel inspired to write tonight. It's been a long time as one of you had mentioned. Today has been chaos. So it was over a year ago that my coworker at the time and I decided that energy drinks and I aren't always a good mix. I love how active and super productive I am on such days when artificial energy is rushing through my veins. You should see how jerky my fingers are as I type tonight. Nevertheless, this morning I decided to enjoy a cappuccino and powerbar as I was driving on the open road back to my desert. More on my desert in my next posting ...

But I didn't just stop with that delicious breakfast. Instead as I arrived at work, I pounded back a large can of Monster Khaos. And then well, I methodically attacked my to do list. I'm really good at procrastinating and well I'm leading a mission trip next week to Denver for 15 college students, so what I'm saying is that I already have a lot of nervous energy and excitement anyway as well a decent amount of things to accomplish within these next two days.

But as I've been rushing here and there I'm noticing a characteristic of chaos within my rushing about today. But I also find it interesting that I've been enjoying myself today. I've been somewhat disappointed in my lack of personal organization and productivity these past couple months. Wow my brain is scattered - hmm, I wonder why.

So what am I saying? I haven't felt a sense of urgency in my life lately. I've been set on cruise control and haven't been challenged, personally or professionally. I've realized that I don't like living on my own. I love the dynamic of how living with a great roommate both challenges you to grow in virtue and share in good familial camaraderie.

So if you are experiencing some chaos right now I pray you are either enjoying the rush of life around you or that you step back for a moment to see the beauty of the many moments that are occurring around you.

No comments: