Thursday, April 2, 2009

Experience The Now

So in an attempt to rejuvenate, I have hit the open road and am getting away for awhile. Now although I have been driving for a couple days now and I'd like to be at a destination (although tonight I am enjoying the company of a cousin in Atlanta), I realize that life is much like what I am currently experiencing - a journey. Sure it's a journey but that leads me to other thoughts ... where are you going? And if you are mindful of your destination the only thing that matters right now in the now is your journey. Are you living it fully? Are you on the path that you want to be on? Are you mindful of "smelling the flowers" or are you rushing to make it somewhere?

In driving on the open road, I've realized that I speed ... often. My brother-in-law's habit of driving SUPER SLOWLY has always bored me to death and annoyed me greatly. But really are we rushing to get some where or are we enjoying the journey? Enjoy the journey ... enjoy your life!

No comments: