Sunday, April 12, 2009

Family Ties

So tonight I have been greeted with memories of my dearest late Grandmother, Grandma Genevieve. Why tonight? I don't know what makes this night special ... except well now that I think about it she passed away just around 3 years ago. Oh the memories ... I love you Grandma.

I realize how much I miss certain people even certain things: a hug to show affection, a stupid yet funny joke, my comfy firm bed, a hearty Sunday brunch, a small peaceful town, beautiful country plains, a faithful quiet church. I can't say that I'm proud that I didn't go see my family this Easter. I realized today how much I miss them.

Don't let your heart wander to far. Stay in touch. You might have to sacrifice, you might have to swallow your pride, you might even have to humble yourself but do it out of love.

No comments: